FESTIVAL INSPIRED MAKEUP

Hey lovelies!
So since its summer, its definitely the festival season. With Parklife, Wildlife, Glastonbury and many more already done and dusted, theres still plenty on the way so I thought I would do a fun, festival inspired look! 

Sadly I haven't planned on going to any this year (bummer), but it doesn't mean I can't have some fun with glitter, right?!

Lets get onto the makeup details...

BASE:

Festivals go on for the whole day, so a long-wearing base is a must to ensure you look flawless throughout and not a hotmess!
With a oily/normal combination skin type, for my base I went for some of my trusty products I know will keep my makeup intact throughout the day, especially in the summer heat (well sometimes).

Primer - Benefit The Porefessional: Matte Rescue 

Foundation - Too Faced Born This Way 
Powder - Laura Mercier Translucent Powder 
Setting Spray - Makeup Revolution Oil Control 

I also applied my eyebrows, bronzer, highlight and lipstick after finishing my base. 


EYES:
For the eye look, I went a little different than my usual eyeshadows. I thought i'd venture and use pink eyeshadow.
I used, the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette.
There are so many similar shadows that you could have in your collection, to use for a similar eye look!
Step 1:
I applied the shade 'SUBSTITUTE FOR LOVE' above my crease as a transition shade. I then built the intensity in my crease for definition. 
Step 2: 
Using a flat shader brush, I applied the shade 'WARM NOTES' 'to the lid. I packed this colour on for maximum pigmentation, and took a blending brush to blend into the crease.
Step 3: 
Lastly, I took 'BITTER START' and placed this as a brow highlight. I then applied mascara and my all time favourite falsies. 



HIGHLIGHT:
So who doesn't love a poppin' highlight?! This is where the fun (and bloody messy!!!) part comes, A LOT of glitter!
I bought quite a few little pots of chunky glitter from Ebay, for 99p each, which I was amazed at how cheap they were and a great collection of colours to choose from! 
I ended up using the silver/holographic and white/pink glitters combined to create this look. 

Step 1:
To start off the look, I used my Topshop Glow pot in GLEAM as a creamy base for the glitters to adhere to. Unfortunately, I didn't have any glitter adhesive so I improvised and this did the job!

I applied this where I would usually highlight, on my cheekbones up to my temples on one side of my face.
Step 2:
Next, I mixed the silver holographic and white/pink glitters together in a pot and started to dab this onto the area I applied the base. I did this in small sections, building up the intensity to my desired look (I think I went a little OTT with the glitter).


Here is a photo of the finished look,
I'm so happy with the final result and i'll definitely be using this eyeshadow look more often!

Tag me in your festival makeup looks, I'd love to see them all!!!
Hope you enjoyed this blog post, 





Post a Comment

© katherine-amy. Design by Fearne.